All this time,when i was trying
to get myself to go to sleep,
this rock,that i had not enough
money in my wallet to buy,
fell into sea
after thousands of years of being
hung over its enormous belly
It sank like silence at a funeral,
right down to the ocean's pelvis
where it may rest untouched,
like the sky by my wings
as long as men have funerals to go to
and the occasions of night
to wander into each other's lives
close eyed,or lick the floor off the dust
with eyes open like mine
to get myself to go to sleep,
this rock,that i had not enough
money in my wallet to buy,
fell into sea
after thousands of years of being
hung over its enormous belly
It sank like silence at a funeral,
right down to the ocean's pelvis
where it may rest untouched,
like the sky by my wings
as long as men have funerals to go to
and the occasions of night
to wander into each other's lives
close eyed,or lick the floor off the dust
with eyes open like mine
I think some people have less filter. They take in so much...oceans worth of thought and emotion, concern and consideration, while others quite happily toe the shore, build sandcastles that people like me know the tide will destroy. But they are happy in the moment of their creation. They live NOW, and HERE while I live yesterday and tomorrow. At times I embrace my melancholy nature. But days like today, I wish I were building sandcastles and nothing was dying in my hands.
ReplyDeleteAnnie,
ReplyDeleteThey live NOW, and HERE while I live yesterday and tomorrow..That is exactly where i have been living as well..i'm swept away by your comment..did you read my mind or did you just learn better of me than anybody else...its eerie...i wish at most times i could build those castles and sleep in them...but as it is with you and me...we are outside, between the castle and the sea...our faces towards the fire and backs to the sea...thank you for this...from the heart that knows no uses of sand other than walking upon till it swallows you....thank you...